Auto Headlight Restorer

Page 3 of 3
On 5/12/15 8:57 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I've never had trouble spotting cars with fogged headlights.
This thread finally made me get off my ass and start to do something about the cloudy headlights on my 2004 Lincoln LS.
I just ordered a 3M headlight polishing kit on Amazon for $10.00, shipping included.
http://tinyurl.com/mbob6zz
You do need to have a common 1/4" electric drill to spin the discs, or a friend who will loan you theirs.
Good Luck,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
On 5/12/15 11:25 AM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Here's an article where allpar.com tried four methods in 2012. They found 3m's quick and easy. http://www.allpar.com/fix/headlights.html
On Tuesday, May 12, 2015 at 7:57:54 PM UTC-4, J Burns wrote:

Bingo. Looks like I picked the right one again.
snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

You mean headlights lens? Use tooth paste to polish.
the power polish restorers work well but can be time conumsing, once polished they appear to fog faster....
i wonder how the liquid type work?
Jerry.Tan wrote:
I've successfully used 3M paste on crappy Hella BMW headlights.

Probably resists uv.
Greg
On 5/11/2015 5:23 PM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Use non-gel toothpaste. I used it and it worked great. Plus my headlights smelled minty fresh. All those restorer kits are are some mild abrasive paste which removes a thin layer of the plastic.
On Mon, 11 May 2015 19:23:38 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Blue Magic 725CD-06 Headlight Lens Restorer - 8 oz
I gave it 5 stars on Amazon. Worked well on a 2001 Mitsu Eclipse and a 1993 Grand Am. No buffers or drills. Took about 15 minutes total for both cars. Rub it using a cotton rag, and wash it off with Windex. It's like using Brasso. Smells like Brasso.