Auto Headlight Restorer

You gotta use Arm & Hammer with baking soda and peroxide :) I haven't had the need to clean up the headlights yet but I've used Meguiars plastic cleaner and polish on motorcycle helmet visors. I wonder if the polish or PlastiX used once a year or so as PM would work.

Reply to
rbowman

Same here. I have a tube of Arm & Hammer but I don't use it regularly. otoh Colgate Extra Super Whitening doesn't do much for tea and coffee stains. Sometimes I wonder which is worse, using the abrasive toothpaste or spending quality time with a dental hygenist polishing my fangs with flour of pumice?

Reply to
rbowman

That would be my guess. Now days, everything in America is made in China, except for Mexicans.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Union regulations limit them to pulling Santa's sleigh one night a year. It's the union's fault.

The world is falling apart.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

try peanut butter instead.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

the power polish restorers work well but can be time conumsing, once polished they appear to fog faster....

i wonder how the liquid type work?

Reply to
bob haller

I've successfully used 3M paste on crappy Hella BMW headlights.

Reply to
Horace L

Probably resists uv.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Use non-gel toothpaste. I used it and it worked great. Plus my headlights smelled minty fresh. All those restorer kits are are some mild abrasive paste which removes a thin layer of the plastic.

Reply to
sms

Blue Magic 725CD-06 Headlight Lens Restorer - 8 oz

I gave it 5 stars on Amazon. Worked well on a 2001 Mitsu Eclipse and a 1993 Grand Am. No buffers or drills. Took about 15 minutes total for both cars. Rub it using a cotton rag, and wash it off with Windex. It's like using Brasso. Smells like Brasso.

Reply to
Vic Smith