Austrailian view of Red Cross

Page 2 of 2
39 cents of every donated dollar goes to charity. The rest is salaries.
http://politicker.com/2012/11/staten-island-borough-president-dont-give-money-to-the-red-cross / Staten Island Borough President: Don't Give Money to the Red Cross
And, although many pols spoke, no one was more impassioned than Borough President James Molinaro, who called the Red Cross an “absolute disgrace” and even urged the public to cease giving them contributions.
“Because the devastation in Staten Island, the lack of a response,” Mr. Molinaro said to explain his comment to NBC after the press conference. “You know, I went to a shelter Monday night after the storm. People were coming in with no socks, with no shoes. They were in desperate need. Their housing was destroyed. They were crying. Where was the Red Cross? Isn’t that their function?
They collect millions of dollars. Whenever there’s a drive in Staten Island, we give openly and honestly. Where are they? Where are they? I was at the South Shore yesterday, people were buried in their homes. There the dogs are trying to find bodies. The people there, the neighbors who had no electricity, were making soup. Making soup. It’s very emotional because the lack of a response. The lack of a response. They’re supposed to be here….They should be on the front lines fighting, and helping the people.”
Add pictures here
✖
On 02/11/12 22:54, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I call fake and challenge you to provide the complete message from the other list. Headers and all.
Remember this is the AUSTRALIAN Red Cross and not the USA version.

Bullshit. No one is allowed to wander around the front lines, or any military action or establishment unless they were part of the military or condoned and supported by the military. So that person had to be either a individual solider or a chaplain.

That was standard stuff sent overseas by many Australians in kits for the soliders. My mother told me stories of preparing tins of biscuits and stuff to send to soldiers on the front line.
There is also the issue of how in hell that stuff got there when military supplies struggled, During WWII, if you sent anything of size overseas, you had to have a very good reason. you didn't just rock down to the Post Office and send off your sealed parcel.
We've asked around and no one in our families every remembers the five people who served in that area ever saying a bad word about the Australian Red Cross in that zone. There was nothing but complimentary comments.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 2 Nov 2012 07:54:02 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

We never give to the ARC but for very different reasons than stated in your post. Far more of the donations to the SA get to where they're supposed to go and they don't play games with the money. If it's given for a purpose, it's used for that purpose.
Add pictures here
✖