Audio/Video Component Receiver

This isn't home repair per se, but I thought maybe someone would know the answer to this question. I have a stereo receiver, and nearby is a network jack for my home network.

I would love to be able to play certain Internet radio stations, or the stream of a regular radio station .

Is there something like an "Internet Tuner" much like they use to sell FM tuners years ago that you could hook up to your amp?

I was looking at this device, but I am not sure, based on the description, what the heck it actually does. Does anyone know?

Perry Aynum

Looking for something like this?

DerbyDad03

Amazon.com has left out important information. See

This is a common problem. Stores show you the FRONT of equipment, where often the BACK is more important.

The above components could be used to transmit existing A/V signals between components (using CAT5 cable, NOT ethernet). The one at

more like what you want.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

A week or so ago EE Times had an article asking when TVs would become a full internet client. That is just an extension of the radio client the OP was asking about. Right now I suspect the easiest way is to just build up a PC based component, much as I did for my MP3 players (circa 1999) before they became something the size of a Bic lighter. I still have more functionality with my 3 PC based players than I have with the little ones.

Reply to
gfretwell

Maybe something like this?

CJT