Attic Mold

We are looking to purchase an older house. During inspection mold was found in the attic. Inspector suggested that there was either a leak in the roof or that the formation of ice was causing condensation in the winter.
Seller had a roofer out who said the roof was fine and that there was ice formation in the winter causing the condensation.
My question, does this mean that ventilation is the problem?
What is the best way to fix this problem?
What is the easiest way to fix this problem?
Thoughts?
Joe wrote:

Couple of interesting articles: http://www.allergybuyersclub.com/faqs/moldy-attic.shtml http://www.ronhungarter.com/ventilation_repairs.html
Unknown if they apply directly to your house...
The presence of the mold in the attic may or may not affect individuals living downstairs. This is highly variable but not to be dismissed entirely.
Jim
It could be many reasons, Air infiltration in winter from below, not enough roof venting, a water leak, poor vapor barrier to below, or ice dams. Dont agree to anything on purchase till you know the reason and the fix. Get another pro out and be sure he has a moisture meter to pinpoint leaks.