attic ladders in United States

I need to do market research to find out how many attic ladders exist in the United States currently, and how many are sold each year in both new construction and in existing homes. Can anyone point me in the right direction or offer insight?
I wish I had an attic ladder. The access hatch location at the end of a hallway combined with a truss roof, makes it close to impossible to install a usable hatch ladder.
--

>> Remove "zz" from e-mail address to direct reply. <<

"George Kaszas" < snipped-for-privacy@stratus.com> wrote in message
Same here. Actually, what I need is a ladder that's attached in an upright position and comes down like one of those fire escape ladders they have on old apartment buildings.
Sue

In alt.home.repair snipped-for-privacy@stratus.com (George Kaszas) wrote:

Yes, read Programming Pearls by Jon Bentley, specifically the chapter on Back of the Envelope Calculations.
Just for comparison, here in Canada, the entire unit is available from the local home centre in two versions. Both retract to the ceiling, both come with a door. They are very cheap, one is $144.99 and the other is $159.99. They come in 8' and 10' versions with a load rating of over 250lbs. Hope this helps George.
Tom
George Kaszas ( snipped-for-privacy@stratus.com) wrote: : I need to do market research to find out how many attic ladders exist : in the United States currently, and how many are sold each year in : both new construction and in existing homes. Can anyone point me in : the right direction or offer insight?