Attic insulation question

Hi All, I looking to add encased fiberglass batt insulation in my attic over existing fiberglass insulation. The existing insulation has kraft paper on the ceiling side. My question is will the encased insulation act as an additional vapor barrier that will cause problems?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Use unfaced/unencased fiberglass batts over the existing kraft-faced batts.
If you have kraft face above the ceiling, encased or not doesn't matter. The kraft paper keeps moisture inside the living space already. It is more expensive and maybe a little easier to handle.
On 2 Dec 2005 05:35:28 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I called the company on this very issue. The brand I used (dont remember now) was encased but perforated somewhat. The manufacter said put it over existing as you have.