Attic Fan for 900SqFt Hosue?

So what's up with not being able to find the Small Attic Gable Vent Fans for houses that are less then 1000SqFt?

Seems like all the local places don't carry the small unit, just the 2400 and the 3600 units...

Whats going to happen if I put in the bigger unit? I don't want it sucking air our from the house via the Can Lights, etc...

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Townsend

Venting is critical, even a small fan usualy sucks up inside air unless everything is sealed and there is proper make up air. There has to be something that will work, google

Reply to
m Ransley

I have two floors and a basement, 700 ft2 each, and iirc I bought what they were selling. They rated it not on the house but on the size of the attic, which seems to make sense to me. I bought a roof fan, but iiuc, that's the same mathematically.

What they sold said it was big enough for an attic twice my size. Everything works fine afaict.

IIUC, it's going to do that proportionally anyway. OK, I see what you mean, and I don't have any can lights, only two ceiling fixtures and a board that fills the hatch to the attic.

I think there are ways to cover can lights in the attic without getting the cover so close to the light that there is any fire problem.

mm