Attic electrical outlet sealing

I recently put up a ceiling fan and felt a lot of cool air coming around the ceiling outlet. What is the best way to seal ceiling outlets? I currently have 12" of blown in fiberglass. A friend suggested a cap to go over the outlet but I have not been able to find one at lowes & home depot.
Any suggestions??
jst wrote:

Perhaps try a "real" building supply outlet? An electrical supply house might have them too, call around.
If you can't find them you can always cut some regular 4 mil plastic sheeting to rest over the box in the attic and duct tape it to the sheetrock and then put the insulation back over it. If it's a ceiling fan box there won't be any heat issues like there are with recessed lights.
Pete C.
jst wrote:

Why not just put a sealing gasket on it?
http://amconservationgroup.com/catalog.aspx?catid#7

Foam it in with spray foam. That is what the builders use for draftstopping.
Did that with my fan ceiling boxes. The fit was loose in the drywall, so I foamed the box around and over the top from the attic side then dropped the Fiberglas insulation down over the wet foam and left. Worked well, needed a little excess trimmed from underside of the ceiling so be sure to have a drop cloth in place.

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 23:57:22 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I did this myself, went around fan boxes and made a igloo of expanding foam around it, and once cured, moved the insulation back in.
It works for me, but then that is me. :)
later,
tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Bury it in great-stuff, from the attic side.