Attention HVAC Gurus

I'm not advertising this program, but I'm certainly recommending it. Try the free trial version.

hvacrmedic

Reply to
RP

I know this has been discussed before but I don't want to have to go seacrhing through DejaNews just to get a bunch of different answers.

I need a good Manual J program. I currently have one (I think it's called "Right J" or something like that) on the computer at work and it SUCKS!!!! It takes forever to punch in all of the information (type this, hit F7, fill in form, hit F5, etc., etc.) and then it doesn't ever spit out the same information twice! I know, I know. Garbage in, garbage out. But there have been a couple jobs where I would spend over an hour putting all of the info into the program and then come up with a 2 1/2 ton unit and then another guy would do the same and come up with a 3 ton.

I remember (a few years back) being at some cointractor's office and he had a program that showed everything in 3-D (basically) and it was basically a fill-in-the-blank program.

The company is willing to buy the software but I just want to get a good one. Any suggestions????

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Contact Paul....seriously.

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

This is Turtle

No , I would not trust him no farther that i could spit.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Then in this case...you would really be mising out..but then, I doubt that you would want 4D stuff with some really good detailed printouts....you just want to rape the old guy and go on. Let it go Terry....this is one you wont win.

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

Contact Paul? Are you kidding? Just review his posts before you will try to cantact him. Every second post is "blow me". That's your customer support.

Reply to
No

Post your question in forum:

is an excellent forum where many very good HVAC contractors visit frequently. You most definatelly will get many recommendations.

Regards,

Reply to
No

Actually, no...

Blow me is the reply in teh alt.hvac group, that has nothing to do with homeowners.

however, if you are taking his postings, rantings, etc, personal, you would indeed be missing out on a good program hes got....but then, if I took everything personal that anyone ever did, or said, I would never answer a single service call....but thats me...

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

Blow me.

Reply to
Carolina Breeze HVAC

I have no beef against Paul. I don't think he has any beef against me.

I have been doing this for almost 17 years now and I have never really had to do a manual J. I always took the measurements to someone else. Now when i HAVE to do it for my job, I just hate the program I have on the computer at work and I KNOW there has to be something better.....

(RP, I've tried that one before. I don't like that one either. O.K., so I'm picky)

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Wow, one whole sentence without ellipsis.

Reply to
tm