Attaching Skins to New Keitchen Cabinets

Hello All,

I'm putting new kitchen cabinets in my kitchen and I'm almost done with my uppers. There are four places where the "ends" are visible and the cabinet manufacturer gave me skins (around an 1/8" thick) to make the ends appear like the face frames.

My question is how do these attach? Do I just glew and clamp them at the top and bottom running a 2x4 between the clamps at the top and bottom to hold the middle or is there another way this is done?

Thanks, Eric

Reply to
Eric Scantlebury

Basically yes, very straightfoward.

Reply to
Mikepier

"Eric Scantlebury" wrote in news:qoHrk.5520$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe06.iad:

Used to be done with contact cement. What does the mfgr recommend?

Reply to
Red Green

The last time I did that, the skin was a lot thinner and was applied with a hot iron and worked great.

nick hull

I don't know. There were instructions in all the cabinet boxes but the skins have nothing.

Reply to
Eric Scantlebury

Well I guess you could 1-800-CALL-THE-MFR

Reply to
Flatus Johnson