Attaching carpet to tile

I just retiled my bathroom floor with ceramic tiles. I have carpet in the hallway leading to the bathroom. What is the recommended way to secure the carpet to the tile? The folks who installed the carpet said they glued down one of the other transitions.

We just finished the same project. Part of our transition was incorporated into the laying of the tile - it's called a Schluter bar (not sure of spelling) and part of it lays in the mortar under the tile. Makes a nice transition between end of tile and the carpet. Then a flooring man told us to get a piece of carpet tack strip and attach it to the floor under the edge of the carpet about 1/2 to 3/8 inch from the edge of the tile. Pull the carpet over it to secure it, then "roll" then edge of the carpet in the space between the tack strip and the Schluter bar.
http://www.schluter.com/english/products/2002/sectiona/overview-a/section-a.html
But, it's a good idea to install it before the tiling is finished as one edge goes under the tile. Schluter does have some that can be placed under the carpet but I don't prefer them.
RB