attaching a fireplace screen

We bought a floor model glass screen for our new fireplace that came without directions to install it. It seems as though it must be missing something- there's no way we can see to attach the bolts with the brackets provided. I've been waiting for the company to send me directions but haven't gotten anything so far, so I thought I'd try here and see if anyone knows where to find out how to install it. It's a Rosemont screen, a CFM Harris systems product sold by Home Depot. Very pretty, and fits the fireplace opening, but it's pretty useless if we can't attach it!

Thanks for any help!

Lisa

Reply to
Lisa

Not sure what you mean. Normally these screens have brackets that bolt on. You move it into position, catch the inside top and sides with the brackets and tighten. If you can't catch them you bend the brackets as necessary.

Home Depot takes everything back. Consider bringing it back to get one with directions.

If it has glass, even if tempered, never leave it closed with fire on. Eventually tempered glass will explode from heat. Ceramic glass (very expensive and above HD league) can be left closed with fire on. Good up to

1200 degrees I believe. Tempered only 500 degrees.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Sorry you are wrong. Check with manufacturer. Tempered glass doors must be left open when fireplace is in use. It may take years of use before they fail but they will fail. Ask the guy who bought my previous house.

Reply to
Art