attaching a fireplace screen

We bought a floor model glass screen for our new fireplace that came without directions to install it. It seems as though it must be missing something- there's no way we can see to attach the bolts with the brackets provided. I've been waiting for the company to send me directions but haven't gotten anything so far, so I thought I'd try here and see if anyone knows where to find out how to install it. It's a Rosemont screen, a CFM Harris systems product sold by Home Depot. Very pretty, and fits the fireplace opening, but it's pretty useless if we can't attach it!
Thanks for any help!
Lisa
Not sure what you mean. Normally these screens have brackets that bolt on. You move it into position, catch the inside top and sides with the brackets and tighten. If you can't catch them you bend the brackets as necessary.
Home Depot takes everything back. Consider bringing it back to get one with directions.
If it has glass, even if tempered, never leave it closed with fire on. Eventually tempered glass will explode from heat. Ceramic glass (very expensive and above HD league) can be left closed with fire on. Good up to 1200 degrees I believe. Tempered only 500 degrees.

I've never heard of anyones glass exploding, and many if not most of the houses have fireplaces. If you can't leave the glass doors closed when the fire is burning, what good is the screen? I submit that if the glass explodes, the fireplace is being operated incorrectly such as having the fire directly on the glass. Air supply should keep the temperature of the glass down. We ran ours for several years as an auxillary supply with no exploding, no cracking, no anything except soot that was periodically cleaned off.
Art wrote:

Sorry you are wrong. Check with manufacturer. Tempered glass doors must be left open when fireplace is in use. It may take years of use before they fail but they will fail. Ask the guy who bought my previous house.

Screens usually clamp to the lintel (the metal angle iron that supports the bricks across the top of the fireplace opening). One part of the bracket propably hooks on the back of the screen frame and the part with a thumbscrew hooks on the lintel. If that doesn't work you will need to drill into the brick. But, first check with the store for a box with directions.