Attach electrical outlet box to concrete walls

I am looking for an alternate method to attach electrical outlook boxes to concrete walls. I don't particularly like drilling into concrete to use anchors nor do I like the prospect of using a power hammer (I have one) to drive concrete nails. Are there other methods of attaching these boxes, as I have only two outlets in the basement and I need several more. The wiring isn't a problem but the boxes are.
--
Ron
Port Dover Ontario

Anchor a wood stud to the wall using one of the above methods and then anchor the box to that.
Or attach the outlets to the ceiling which is presumably wood.
John
--
Remove the dead poet to e-mail, tho CC'd posts are unwelcome.
Ask me about joining the NRA.

I used the surface mount race tracks with low profile boxes. I did use the blue concrete screws and did drill small holes into concrete. All the materials needed were at HD. I used Liquid Nails to secure base molding to the concrete wall, but I don't trust LN for the electrical stuff.

    What problems have you had with this? Why don't you like it?
            Peter
I don't like drilling into concrete because it is slow, inaccurate, dirty and the bits wear out very quickly unless the concrete is very soft.

Ah, weel then you ought to get a hammer drill and a good masonry bit and you'll find that nearly all of those objections will fade away.
John - It'll still be dirty.
--
Remove the dead poet to e-mail, tho CC'd posts are unwelcome.
Ask me about joining the NRA.

dirty
That's the problem with "one of" jobs. A hammer drill would be nice but to buy one for one job isn't in the cards.
I looked up those Tapcon screws and one is still into drilling so I'd be no further ahead with them either.
I may just attach a wooden strip to the walls using a good construction adhesive and screw the boxes onto that.
Thanks

I understand your hesitation, but a good hammer drill works just fine as a regular drill as well, so it's not like it's a tool that you'll never use again, and they make drilling onto masonry really no more difficult than drilling into fairly hard wood.

That will doubtless work, but you're doing youself a disservice by being so reluctant to drill into concrete. With the right tools, it's no big deal at all.
You may want to ask your freinds if any of them have a hammer drill you could borrow.
John
--
Remove the dead poet to e-mail, tho CC'd posts are unwelcome.
Ask me about joining the NRA.

I used LN about 20 years ago. Conduit down to the box, box firmly braced in place unitl the LN set. That box is still there as solid as a rock and will probably stay there until the house is gone.
Harry K
years ago. Conduit down to the box, box firmly

"LN" just to be sure: That is "Liquid Nails?"
wrote in message > I used LN about 20

Yes.
Harry k
I don't know how you can avoid drilling but you can skip the anchors. Tapcon concrete screws are great and fast for this use.

as
wiring
I haven't heard of Tapcon concrete screws so I am going to try and find them and see what they are all about.
Thank you.

Ron wrote:

strong epoxy glue