Atlas Roofing Co. Problem / 35 year shingles

This is Turtle.

I had my roof reroofed about 1 year ago with the Atlas 35 year shingles and filed on a problem with them and they sent me a check in the mail of $3,500.00 buying back the roofing job but cancelled my warranty. The problem was a rust marks showing up where the water run off the roof on the concrete and did make a bad rust stain there. The problem has been corrected now but back about a year or 2 ago it was a problem.

Just some info word.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Sounds like a good company. Now you have your orginal money to get your roof redone, or you can live with the rust and keep your free roof.

Good stuff!

tom

Reply to
The Real Tom

This is Turtle.

They did tell me that the roof would fail prematurely but the did not know how soon it would be. they said the first sign would be mole stuff growing on the roof for the Alumium mole protection stuff was not any good because they got steel used in the place of the Alunium which would protect the roof from mole stuff. My roofer told me to put the money up and if the roof became a problem , it would not be no big deal for He would replace it.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Mold you can always kill, there are sprays made for it at big box, and a Zinc strip at the peak should do you fine. Rust on concrete easy to clean maybe CLR or something similar. You are lucky to get the cash back, now go paint the White House.

Reply to
m Ransley

Did I miss something? Moles?

tom

Reply to
The Real Tom

This is Turtle.

OK

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Turtle, I think your spell checker is messing up. "Mole" protection on the roof? How the hell would they get up there? :-)

Seriously, if you are over 55, a premature failure would probably occur after you are dead.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Turtle? Spell checker?!? He don't need no stinking "spell checker"! To

-- tomeshew

Reply to
tomeshew