AT&T cell service or cricket wireless

Cricket wireless using AT&T towers has been out of service all day. The 800 number is out of order, the cricket app is down, does anyone have AT&T or cricket, and are you having problems with service?
On 6/3/2016 6:55 PM, Lee dorman wrote:

On 6/3/2016 8:03 PM, Skid Marks wrote:

Maybe Cricket didn't pay the rent this month. My ATT service has been fine.

On 6/4/2016 8:17 AM, bob haller wrote:

OK, but sometimes siblings fight. MOM! He won't let me use the phone!
I'll have to look into it and see if is is cheaper. ATT has been good for service, very few dead spots. I've avoided some of the other outfits for that reason.
On 6/4/2016 9:32 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I've used T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. In our area, Verizon is clearly the best.
On 06/04/2016 09:28 AM, Skid Marks wrote:
[snip]

Verizon is best here too. I discovered that just after a hurricane (Ike?) when a lot of people were complaining about their cell phones not working. What worked was Alltel (now part of Verizon).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 06/04/2016 10:28 AM, Skid Marks wrote:

I do believe that Verizon has the best cellular service overall, but it is expensive, and something that is "good enough" probably is a better deal. E.g., after having a T-Mobile postpaid family plan for ten years or more, we each switched to a $30/mo. prepaid plan with T-Mobile (100 min./mo., unlimited texts and data, but data slows down after 5GB); this was mostly OK, but I did notice that on a train trip across North Dakota we had no signal for much of the journey (not that it mattered). We have recently signed up for Google's Project Fi: $20/mo. with unlimited calling and texts, and $10/mo. per GB of 4G data, and with credits for unused data allowance; at our present rate we'll have used considerably less than half of that 1GB this month, so we are expecting credits to next month's bills. Under this plan T-Mobile and Sprint are the primary carriers, but there is free roaming to other carriers when neither T-Mo nor Sprint has an acceptable signal; calls can even be made (automatically) via WiFi when no acceptable cellular signal is available.
Perce

Why the fuck don't they all use the same cell network so everybody is always near a transmitter?
"James Wilkinson" wrote in message wrote:

Why the fuck don't they all use the same cell network so everybody is always near a transmitter?
All companies do not use same Frequency and band width.

Why not?
On 6/5/2016 12:23 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Remember Beta vs VHS? 8 track vs cassette? Ford used positive ground instead of negative? Edison vs. Tesla? What side of the car should the steering wheel be?

But different networks are not different. They're just not usable by your phone.
James Wilkinson posted for all of us...

The real answer: FCC to promote competition your gov't inaction
--
Tekkie

On 06/05/2016 11:21 AM, Tony944 wrote:
[snip]

We may be headed toward a standard with 4G LTE. There's supposed to be a way to use it for voice calls.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 06/04/2016 08:32 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[snip]

My first cell phone was with AT&T, and I discovered that I live in one of those dead spots. "Very few" doesn't matter in that case.
BTW, It seems strange that I could go to my farm 5 miles from town, and that AT&T phone would get 5 bars in the middle of the woods, and none at home in town.
Verizon and Sprint work fine. I've never used T-mobile.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/