Asphalt Driveway Repair

Aloha:
There is about a 1.5" wide/depth crack that spans the length of our driveway and we are unsure about how to proceed in repairing it.
Currently we are looking at just taking some cold asphalt and patching the crack up. However, since we have no experience in this, I would like some input on the matter.
Please let me know if there are any suggestions or other better solutions (Something that can be bought at Home Depot and done within a day preferably).
Many thanks in advance!
-Punani
-- Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. -- Phillip K. Dick
127.0.0.1:

Someone sells a product that you stuff in the crack (like a rope) and heat with a propane torch. I've heard very good things about it and plan to try it this spring.