Asbestos Siding

Hi, I'm looking at purchasing a house that has Asbestos siding. I know that in and of itself asbestos siding is not harmful... but what I'm wondering is... if I want to have replacement windows put into the house. Will it cost more/cause problems because of the asbestos? Or will they be able to just work in the window space? I really don't know how replacement windows go into a house, pardon my ignorance.

Reply to
Matt

Replacement windows are installed differently for different style of frames. There are several types of wood frames, aluminum framed, steel framed. Since no one here can see how your existing windows are installed or the type of framework, best bet would to inquire about your concerns with a knowledgeable installer which can get a visual on it.

Reply to
Ned

Good for you. too many people panic over trivial things.

Depends on the existing windows and how they will be replaces. If you have wood sashes in double hung windows, you just remove the trim, remove the stops, remove the sash. They put some caulk and screw in the replacement. Nothing is touched on the outside or the siding.

If you have aluminum framed windows, different story. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Didn't make any difference at all when Newpro did mine, this spring.

*MY* only problem with the asbestos siding is that I can't figure out how to clean it so that I can paint..
Reply to
default