asbestos insulation

Hi, I've been trying to find photos of blown asbestos insulation on the net, but haven't had any luck. If anyone knows of a web site with pictures of it or has photos of it could you please forward them to me.
Thank You, Clinton

Hi Bill
Why are you asking? Are you scared? Do you think you are going to die? Well, you probably WILL die. It seems that happens to everyone sometime in their life. Do you wake up screaming in the middle of the night after dreaming of asbestos men chasing you with guns? Have you spoken to God or a psychiatrist about this fear? Have you lost your spouse and children because of your fear? Do you sleep in the dog house because there is deadly asbestos in your home? Did anyone tell you that you have a big chunk of asbestos stuck to your cheek? Are you sure that your computer is asbestos free? Do you also do the Atkins diet?
Wow, dude.... You are a real wreck, and need help !!!

but
The only blown asbestos that I ever remember was used in schools and public buildings around steel columns and beam in the 1950's. The application was to mix the products into an sprayable slurry that stuck to the beams for fire proofing.
Sorry do not have an site for pictures

WTF...... Why would they want to fireproof STEEL beams? Steel dont burn !!!
Steel won't burn at the temperatures reached in a building fire ( though at higher temps it can and will burn..ever see a cutting torch in action?) but it will heat up, soften, and eventually fail if the fire goes on long enough. It also expands a lot when heated and this can also cause a structural failure in a building on fire. This is why steel beams are fireproofed..to allow the structure to withstand a serious fire for a longer period of time.
--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com

Hey, that's why the World Trade Center towers fell down.
snipped-for-privacy@blessedismyfruitoftheloomunderwear.com wrote:

Reminds me of someones sig that says keep your ass behind you. Steel bends when it gets hot. Steel is typically also enclosed in wood and concrete for the same reason.

Asbestos is generally adhered to something, not blown in loose. If you have loose stuff, it is probably cellulose.
As long as asbestos is in a stable place and not flaking, it is safe. Breathing dust is the problem.