Ariens 922008 Sno-Thro Won't Go

My old (but usually trusty) Ariens snow blower won't engage the wheel drive. The engine is fine, and the auger drive belt was recently replaced.

I'm not familiar with the wheel drive system, so if anyone can give me a bit of DIY guidance, I can start digging out here in snowy Toronto.

Thanks,

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Variable disk drive. The gear shift moves a powered rubber drive wheel back and forth across a disk the feeds power to the wheels, and the "clutch" lever lifts the drive wheel off the disk. Remove the cover on the back of the base and take a look. Once you see it, it will be pretty obvious how it works and you should be able to see what's not working.

Reply to
Pete C.