Area under the deck

We have a walk through basement. The deck coming off the main floor stands a good 8 to 10 feet. I want to use the area under the deck as a shed. Are there any disadvantages in doing this/ What is the best way to put a cover to allow water to drain off. What materials to use? How does one anchor the 'roof'" to the bottom of the deck boards. What slope one needs to incorporate? Please share your thoughts and experiences? Thanks
Uleetsa Moscowa wrote:

We've used corregated fiberglass panels (like you would use for a translucent roof over a porch or deck). Slope can be just a few inches per 10 foot run. You'll have to rig up a way to hang it. Hard to tell how without seeing the whole thing but it should not be too difficult.
Richard Thoms
Uleetsa Moscowa wrote:

like you have the room.
Somone makes a system taht attaches under neath to divert water, not sure of mfg.

Disadvantages: It may look like hell if not enclosed. You give up what may be a great place for a shaded patio. We enjoy ours now that it has been cemented.
Advantage: Short walk from the basement
I'd build a deflector from the fiberglass corrugated sheets to get the water away.