Area Rugs

Can you get custom area rugs made from carpet ? Perhaps instead of laying carpet down, we could get some area rugs. I have been looking at some area rugs and they seem kinda pricy. Would it be cheaper to (if it can be done) to get some of those area rugs that are made from carpet ?
thanks
Matthew wrote:

living/dining rooms. Even Home Depot will bind a hunk of carpet, but our HD uses an outside contractor. I like sisal, which can be found very inexpensively, but have never purchased one. They are cheap enough to throw away when they wear out. You can likely find a rug/carpet store with options like attaching fringe or something to make carpet look more like an area rug. I think it is a good choice.