Are you Accessing this NG via "news-server"

I am having a difficulty configuring one of my computers that crashed. It does not want to accept news-server as a valid server. Anyone else using news-server as your news server? As you can see it works on another one of my computers.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It\'s Irish Math

Since 'news-server' isn't a valid name for a server (no domain), I'm betting that that's an entry in the HOSTS file on the computer that's working, and said entry is missing on the one that's not. Also check to make sure that your DNS settings are the same on the two computers. Bottom line is, on the machine that's working, something is translating 'news-server' to a valid IP address, and on the other machine, that's not happening.
--
Regards,

That makes sense, I will look into that one.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message

It could be RR going through a different server. I have RR, and used to go through the Columbus server, since it carried some groups NEO didn't carry. About a month ago, I couldn't get a connection through the server. I wrote them, and they told me to start using "news-server.neo.rr.com".
I noticed my posts, no longer give out the NTTP posting host IP address, where as I see yours still shows that you're posting from around Hillard. It also takes a few minutes for my posts to appear, where as they used to appear immediately.
A further update from RR, told me they were starting to use a different server for their newsgroups (I'll be darned if I can remember which one).
Joe, try configuring your server as " news-server.columbus.rr.com"
I hope this helps.

I had already tried news-server.columbus.rr.com.
I will give news-server.neo.rr.com a try. Can't hurt.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

CSS wrote:

You win the prize. I tried news-server.neo.rr.com - no luck. I tried news-server.columbus.rr.com again and this time it changed it to "news-server.columbus.rr.com" and then it worked. Strange indeed. In any case I am not back up and responding from my primary computer. All I need do now is get all my settings back and find all my photos for Adobe Elements.
Joseph Meehan wrote:

..
Correction to prior message.