Are these the same or is more expensive better?

Page 1 of 2
Spring is here and it's time to work on the scooter I think I posted about last fall. This is a TaoTao 49/50cc scooer made in the People's Republic of China.
The carburetor needs a cleaning, or I can buy a new one. Matching ones range from $18 to a little over $50. URLs available if wanted. Do you think there is a positive correlation between price and quality? A negative one? Any one? Or are they all really the same thing? I once saw a particular model of camera for sale online for between 50 and 200 dollars, very same thing.
If a difference in quality, where would low quality show itself?
The only difference apparent from the photos is that the diaphragm cover on mine and some is metal and the one on others is black, maybe metal, maybe plastic, but it's not a part that gets hot. Even plastic should be fine.
The $22 one has the most pictures and is certain identical to mine, but it's in China and delivery is claimed to take 4 to 6 weeks The others have from 4 to 1 pictures andI can't find any differences, but they are in Chicago or South Carolina and will be here in 3 or 4 days. What are the chances any of them won't work just as well.
Add pictures here
✖
On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 5:41:56 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:

what kind of a scooter??????
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 13 May 2016 16:09:39 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

A TaoTao 50cc 4-cycle scooter, probably model ATM50-A1**
All of the 50's are really 49cc, so that they can fall under more lenient laws, that seem common in many, many US states, but they can still be licensed to ride on the street. They go up to 35 mph iirc, depending on how much the driver weighs.
Here are some of the carburetors for sale. When I fear the others won't match, I think they'll still screw in place, but maybe the opening to the intake manifold will be a different diameter, or other ports will be different. All of these are rated 4 stars or more.
It's the 50 dollar one I wonder about especially and the difference if any between that black cover and the metal cover:
This is only 18 and in the US: http://www.buyatvpartsonline.com/carburetor-09-chinese-gy6-50cc-scooters-pd18j-p-11308.html
The one is in China but I'm certain it matches, because it has so many pictures that match: (Amazon.com product link shortened)¡HW0E1TRCDRAJ
This one is $51 and in the US, KEIHIN brand?: (Amazon.com product link shortened)
This is $22 + 4 shipping, in the US and claim "jet upgrades Scooter Moped ATV" Upgraded jets for better starting, idling and performance. 85 main, 32 pilot jet. Additional 90 main jet included separately if you find that you need more fuel: (Amazon.com product link shortened) $24 and in the US, "with Jet Upgrades": (Amazon.com product link shortened) This is $26, in the US, says works up to 80cc and on mopeds, sold by GOOFIT: (Amazon.com product link shortened)
There was one other in China but I don't see it now, but if I were going to buy from China with the long delay, I'd buy the one listed.
Add pictures here
✖
On 05/13/2016 08:04 PM, Micky wrote:

Go with Goof It. A Keihin would probably work better than anything else on a PRC scooter.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 13 May 2016 22:04:18 -0400, Micky

Generally when you arer talking parts for Chinese equipment - or buying from chinese sources or importers, you are buying the same stuff at different prices depending on the business model of the seller. Some buy in huge volumes at low cost and sell at low margines.
I can buy an item from one of those sellers for $0.18 US including shipping from Hong Kong.
I can buy the exact same part from an importer in Texas or California for $7 plus $18 shipping and handling.. The EXACT same part. Absolutely no difference in quality except POSSIBLY the importer has inspected the item to ascertain it is what the manufacturer in China said it is, and that it is all there and fully assembled. In an extreme case it may even have been tested to determine it is in functional condition.
So I buy 3 for $0.56. If one is no good I still have another spare - - -

Add pictures here
✖
On 5/13/2016 10:58 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Center posted, as your reply is.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 11:03:52 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
...snip...

...snip...

Do you continually act like an idiot because you are one or because you need the attention? Is it low self-esteem that causes you to continually embarrass yourself in public?
My brother is a minister at his church. He often counsels the members and helps them decide if professional help is needed so that they can deal with the issues in their lives. I assume your church offers the same service. Please seek help.
You have a lot to offer this community but you degrade your contributions by constantly posting in a manner that destroys your creditably.
Do it for yourself, not for us, but please do it.
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/14/2016 9:43 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Hey, if you don't want center posted replies....
don't center post. It's that simple.
You're the one who needs help.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 10:57:19 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Come on Stormy, get with the program. This has all been explained to you before but for some reason you choose to ignore the explanation.
Please review the material that follows and explain to us what part you don't understand/don't agree with. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and the chance to explain why you think your latest posting style is appropriate. Please ensure that your response is intelligently written and relevant to the following points.
Let's take a look at the phrase you have been using recently:
"Center posted, as your reply is"
Let's break that down into 2 parts, both of which are incorrect.
"Center posted..."
There is no such posting style as "Center posted". The closest posting style to what you incorrectly call "centered posted" is known as "interleaved posting" or more commonly, "an inline reply".
Please refer the explanations and examples given here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style
Inline posting is an accepted method of posting in email and many usenet groups (including a.h.r). It is not "center posting". Think about it: Is the reply in the "center" of the post? The center of the screen? The center of the page? The center of *anything* (except when *you* split a word)?
The answer is "No" and that is why it is not referred to as "center posting" - except by you.
"...as your reply is."
You keep using these words and yet no one - absolutely no one - splits a word in the middle and places [] around the response. No one - except you. It is 100% inaccurate to use the words "as your reply was" when that person did not do what you are claiming they did.
It is explained quite simply at the wiki page I referenced above:
"inline replying, in which the different parts of the reply follow the relevant parts of the original post"
Note the words "follow the relevant parts of the original post".
"Follow" does not mean split a word in the middle like you do. There is nothing relevant about "I can buy the exact same part fr" which where you inserted your bracketed response.
Please provide a reference that shows that inserting a reply in the middle of a word is an accepted manner of replying.
Stormy, feel free to continue use your method of replying - maybe you're a pioneer and it will catch on - but please refrain from ending your post with "..as your reply is" because that is 100% wrong.
Add pictures here
✖
DerbyDad03 wrote:

DD , he's just seeking attention . Plonk his sorry ass and be done with him . If it weren't for y'all responding to him I'd never see his crap posts .
--
Snag

Add pictures here
✖
On 5/14/2016 12:35 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Anyhow, it sure seems to get you worked up when I center post, as you do. Of course, if you were to bottom post (or top post), then this would not be an issue.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 6:39:59 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I had no actual believe that you would respond intelligently and relevantly, but I thought I would give it a shot anyway. It's not a matter of "getting worked up", it's a sincere, heartfelt attempt to get you to stop embarrassing yourself.
I see that my attempt has failed yet again.
Please seek the help that I suggested in an earlier post.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 15 May 2016 05:52:27 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

Some people cannot be embarrassed
Add pictures here
✖
On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 2:30:16 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Sad but true.
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/15/2016 4:45 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Hard to embarsss some one who is right.
Bottom posted, as yours was.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 6:57:24 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Now that's funny! I'm glad you're keeping your sense of humor through all this. Good for you.

Add pictures here
✖
On 5/15/2016 7:41 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

You center post, and I politely reply in the center.] eping your sense of humor through

Center posted, as yours was.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 8:18:43 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I gotta admit, you're pretty good at this charade. You actually had me believing that you believed you are in the right. Now I get it...it's just a game. Play on, my friend, play on.
...although it probably won't be as enjoyable now that we know you're just poking fun at us.
Add pictures here
✖
On 5/15/2016 9:13 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Mind reading seems to be very important to you. Do you take college classes, or go to seances, and learn from psychics?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 5/14/2016 12:35 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Center posting is when a person puts ONE section of new text in the CENTER of quoted text.
--
.
Christopher A. Young