Are Pine Trees on Topic?

About a week ago, there was a discussion regarding Pine trees turning brown and dying. I was not the original OP, however was having the same problem with a 30/40 foot pine. OP was in Baltimore and I live in Texas, so water and/or climate didn't seem to have any commonality.

Today (09/23), I had a tree removal service out to cut down my tree. While it was on the ground, about 20 feet up, we discovered more fresh holes; and inside there were numerous tiny worms and bugs. We crossed them out in a Book and positive results were "Pine Bark Beetles"! How or where they originated is somewhat of a mystery, but end result is they went with the cut up tree to a burn pile!

Thanks to all who responded..

Reply to
Bill Hall

Around here in NC they tend to kill groups of pines. If you have other pine trees you'll want to watch out. I'm not sure if there is a treatment. I know I have not had much luck fighting other borers with systemic insecticides.

Reply to
jamesgangnc