Are Leaf Rakes Illegal???

Page 4 of 5
3rd eye wrote:

Yes, we are very sensitive about the environment. No need for leaf blowers tomorrow. The Santa Ana winds are due.

This isTurtle.
A Leaf blower is the only Democratic thing to do. A Tightwad Republican would just buy a old rake and work hard to do the job and not spend all day blowing leafs around.
TURTLE

bags
use
take
Want
and
would
blowing
Uh oh. I thought I was a Democrat.
TURTLE wrote:

The green party menber will mulch the leaves and recycle them saving the cost of the mower, fertilizer and rake.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Actually lawnmower mulching of leaves on the lawn is best, although it looks bad for a month it is not only free fertilizer but studies done show lawns mulched have a much lower incidence of mold diseases. Nature has us beat again.

hmmm... I see a list a-brew'n:
Democrat: Hold an election to see who has to rake the leaves.
Republican: Only allow companies to rake the leaves.     Ask for bids, with a qualification that the company     has to be named "Leafaburton". Pay that company 10 times     the rate for which the neighbor kid would do it.
Libertarian: We should mind our own business and leaf them alone. (ok... so it's a punning Libertarian... kinda like me)
Green: mulch them in and encourage natural leaf preditors, worms, etc.
Communist: everyone must rake leaves!
Remember... since their is a high turnout expected at the polls, they've split it into two days. Democrates vote tuesday, and Republicans vote Wednesday. [*]
--
be safe.
flip
Philip Lewis wrote:

Not really funny. We had a rash of them around here. It appears that they targeted certain areas where there had been a lot of new registrations.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Personally, I use both blower/shreadder and leaf rake. I give some leaves to the neighbors, but I do it inconspicuously (blow it into the street and hope the wind gives it to the neighbors). :-)
Joe NW Ohio
Doug Kanter wrote:

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 20:44:13 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

We bought a powerful leaf blower this year and can gather an acre of leaves in less than 2 hours. Yes, they are noisy and ear protection is recommended.
On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 20:44:13 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

Pollution is the worst thing about them. The gardeners here use them to blow the odd leaf and the dirt around the yard. The other day, I swept the sidewalk in less then 3 minutes with a push broom. The job takes five minutes for the chuckleheads with the blowers. They put out more pollution than a car by a long shot.
No, I prefer a rake too....
Leaf Blowers are yet another toy for this new generation of lazy bums who were kids in the 90's, and raised by computer games while their parents slaved at their jobs to be able to afford all the hi-tech needs of these kids. They cant do anything without power. Then we wonder why energy prices keep rising...... Not a one of these "kids" can use a hammer. They must buy a nail gun. Not a one of them can use a screwdriver, they buy a screw gun, complete with extremely overpriced, and short lived batteries Not one of them can use a snow shovel, they buy a snowblower Not one of then can use a rake, they use a leaf blower And the list goes on.........
The thing that REALLY gets me, is that after they spend all the money for all this energy consuming stuff, many of them spend MORE money to join a exercise club membership, so they can burn up all their own excessive energy. Those that dont do the exercise simply turn into fat, artery clogged blobs while playing the latest computer games on the most powerful energy consuming computers they can get their hands on, along with their ipods and cellphones and other energy consuming devices that they cant live without.
Enjoy your rake and the exercise you get using it. You'll be much more healthy than those destroying their hearing, and filling their lungs with exhaust fumes with their leaf blowers.
PS. Can you imagine the chaos these "computer raised kids" would experience if the power was shut off. I'd bet most of them would be dead in a week.
Mark
On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 20:44:13 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

So basically, you're just jealous that you're too dumb to use a computer, and too poor to afford power tools, eh? ;-)
- Rich
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 02:53:19 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Gee, I did not think the Amish used computers., Why are using one? Anyway, aren't the good old excercise-producing semaphore flags good enough for sending messages anymore? Gary Dyrkacz snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Radio Control Aircraft/Paintball Physics/Paintball for 40+ http://home.attbi.com/~dyrgcmn /

I was born in '45, but the snowblower certainly ranks high on my list of "needed" toys.
Still use a rake though.

Actually, when I want to rake leaves I hitch up the hay rake to my tractor.
--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

them
I may give that a try AGAIN later this week. Tried it on part of the lawn, but I ended up with leaves only half the size of what I started with, rather than little flakes. This is with a nice new Honda mulching mower, by the way. Someone else in the thread mentioned "two passes", so that's next on the list. The lawn under one particular area needs one more clip anyway.
Do you remove, sharpen, and balance your mower blade each year?
Course, it started to rain today bout 3 PM, so the leaves are pretty well stuck down. I was taking a friend of mine to the hospital,a nd it started to rain about the time I was there.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

and
rather

You'd think they'd use leaf vacuumers instead of leaf blowers...
Rakes are more fun because when you scrape them on concrete they make that cool sound...