Are bladders replacable

Are bladders replacable in Well Xtrol tanks?

I cant see how to get inside but there are sometimes tricks that are not obvious. I think mine is leaking.

Reply to
Gerry Atrick

Nope, they are welded inside.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Some are but from what I have seen in forums it isn't easy.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

WellTrol told me Home Depot can order their bladders

Reply to
gfretwell

How do you get it inside of the welded tank?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The ones I have use bolts to hold the bottom on. Obviously if this is welded it is not fixable

Reply to
gfretwell

When I looked up Well Xtrol in google, it looked like they all are welded.

tom @

Just Joshin

Yes, I've been in their plant and watched them being made. Nifty automatic welding machine puts on a perfect bead as the tank rotates on a horizontal axis.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

There were some repairable ones - I don't know if they are 'xtrol's - most of the companies these days are switching to disposable varieties.

You could install a "Cycle Stop valve" & then a small 5 gallon tank, that way if the tank goes bad, you're looking at a $100 tank instead of a $400 tank. The valve costs 250, so it may be overkill. But it will protect the pump & make it semi-constant pressure like (50 psi).

Also, make sure you check the pressure in the tank with zero water pressure in the system once a year - Ie drain the water system, then check the air pressure at the top of the tank with a tire gauge, it should read 2psi below system on-pressure (depends on pressure switch, usually 40-60 on/off or 30-50 on/of, so you'd set the tank to 38psi or

28psi).
Reply to
piercekiltoff