Are bathroom walls required by code?

Everyone builds a small room in their house for the toilet and bathtub. I guess this is just tradition. But are bathroom walls REQUIRED by code? What if I wanted to install a toilet in the middle of the living room floor? Or maybe put the bathtub in the kitchen next ot the dishwasher, so I could take a bath and do dishes at the same time. Having a toilet next ot the big screen tv would be real useful on game day, when everyone in the room downs a 16oz cold one everytime a touchdown is made, and the guys got to piss every 10 minutes. The last thing I want to do is miss the winning play because I had to go into some boring little room without a big screen tv, to take a piss.

Having a toilet right next to my bed seems like a great idea too. When I'm going a foxy woman, she wont waste 30 minutes of valuable sex time in the bathroom putting on her makeup.

Bathrooms are a thing of the past. Lets put the commode and shower head where it's most useful, not hidden away in some small dark room. And come to think of it, how about those toilets in Walmart and other stores. I dont know about you, but walking half a mile thru the store to take a shit is painful as well as unnecessary. Every store should have a toilet in every aisle, where anyone can sit down next to their shopping cart and dump their load. Plus, think of how many new people you'll meet, when they come over to admire your body. You never meet anyone in those monotonous ceramic tile rooms, where all you got to do is count the tiles.

America needs to change it's bathroom habits. We all know that everyone needs to use a toilet, so why are we hiding it?

MB

Reply to
MasterBuilder

There's a real need for an enclosure around the throne with an exhaust fan to put a negative pressure on the space. Think about it.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Let's see... As to toilets out in the open in stores, if you are young and good looking, you might draw a crowd of interested observers. Then one thing might lead to another - Next thing you know, no one would be getting their shopping done! This would be bad for the economy...

Then as people get older, they have the "droops" and "sags". I think many people in this category would prefer that others not see these things.

And some have "bashful" kidneys. They prefer privacy.

Around the home, I think urinals for men would be a good idea! Maybe in garage, shop, etc.

Reply to
Bill

There's one in my laundry room, the washing machine also drains into it :P

nate

Reply to
N8N

You never heard of a fruit jar?

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Get yourself a box of Depends. You won't need any walls. I suspect your foxy women will need at least 30 minutes for her makeup regardless of what's in your underwear.

LdB

Reply to
LdB

re: "I think urinals for men would be a good idea!"

I had a friend who was doing demolitional at a local plant.

He grabbed one of the old fashion "tall urinals" and put it in his "man-cave" bathroom.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Don't grown men piss in the yard anymore?!!

Reply to
Oren

Depends on the light level, where I am in the yard, and if I see any neighbors paying attention. If I am out in the back 40 behind the shed, and can't sense any people around....

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

By law you are not allowed to have walls so everyone can see what you're doing in there.

Reply to
Stepfann King

If your 90+ anything would look good ,,,my old lady does !!LOL

Jerry

Jerry - OHIO

That's in airplanes, where they ASSume everyone's a terrorist. You might be carrying turd bombs.

Reply to
Harry L

I sometimes drop those bombs. When I take a lot of my prescription pain medication, it tends to slow things down to the point that when I'm ready to drop a load of ready mix, things don't go quite so smoothly. Imagine passing a 5 D cell police flashlight reflector end first.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas
[snip]

That reminds me of when the local Radio Shack ad had a coupon for a FREE 5-D-cell flashlight. Batteries not included.

Reply to
Gary H