Are ALL front loader washers junk?!!

But you're not the "little woman."

Look, if you ask your average woman to name ten "sensuous" things, somewhere on the list is a bubble-bath (preferably with 83 candles burning, making the tub look like some kind of religious shrine).

Ask the same thing of a man (with a suitable replacement for the word 'sensuous) and, after reflection, you'll get "a week in a hunting lodge with no shaving").

To a woman, things can't be too clean; to a man, it's not that big a deal.

Reply to
HeyBub

clipped

My daughter's LG toploader has very cool lights and switches. In the dark, it looks like the space shuttle, ready to blast off. The average husband would probably have a beer and sit and watch it for entertainment :o) It is more interesting than TV programs my hubby likes. :o)

Reply to
Norminn

I don't profess to understand the inner workings of a woman's mind (nor a man's mind or God knows even my own for that matter), but are you suggesting women generally believe top loaders clean better than front loaders? If so, I'd like to know how you came to this conclusion.

A personal opinion, for sure, but my understanding is that ignorance and intelligence are shared equally by both sexes, although if there's any imbalance I expect women to hold the upper hand. Some of us will give little or no thought to this type of purchase, but the smarter ones among us will do their homework and talk to trusted friends, neighbours and colleagues about their experience, then draw their own conclusions. Most -- but by no means all -- the reviews and buzz I've read about front loaders has been decidedly positive and if there's widespread dissatisfaction with their cleaning abilities, I've somehow missed it.

I've used front and top loaders and although I find front loaders clean better, I'm willing to call it a draw. My biggest problem with top loaders is that if you cram too much into the machine the agitator can't properly pull the clothes through the water and their cleaning performance is seriously compromised; with a front loader you can stuff it full and everything still comes out clean.

I can tell you a good quality detergent and washing in warm or hot water will make a difference whichever type you use and that pre-treating grease stains helps considerably (that and ensuring all the pizza lands in your mouth and not on your shirt). I've also learned to cut back on the amount of detergent I use so to avoid excess residue build-up and, again, this applies to both. Beyond that, all I can say is that I've been using front loaders exclusively for the past fifteen years and haven't had an ounce of trouble and that I won't ever go back.

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Eldridge

Agree above

I've even occasionally washed clothes and towels in water ONLY.... just to make sure soap residue is out

Anyone else do that?

Reply to
me

And people who use non-HE (ie non low sudsing) deterent in a front loader are short changing themselves. They end up cutting back so much to keep the suds down that they lose the cleaning and suspension capability of the detergent.

Reply to
Rick Blaine

I've used both the HE and non HE Tide in my washer and I've not had any problems with either. I just get whatever Sam's has on sale in the mega size when I run out every other year.

Reply to
Pete C.

Hi Rick,

That's likely true. I use either Tide or Sunlight concentrated liquid and have never tried the HE version of either due to the added cost. Overall I'm pleased with what I'm using now, but might try the HE stuff if it goes on sale.

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
Paul M. Eldridge

Yes, with EVERY load in my ~20-y.o. Maytag top-loader.

It's called the RINSE CYCLE.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

At least according to extraction theory, dividing a fixed amount of rinse water into more than one rinsing (aliquots) should be more effective, provided the volume of water in each doesn't get ridiculously small.

Does a bubble bath clean better than a regular one? And by "bubble", do you mean bubbles of air or other gas IN the water, or suds ON TOP OF the water?

Robert

Reply to
robgood

replying to Paul M. Eldridge, Brandon Davis wrote: Funny guy. Laundry detergent is more expensive than it was. Water cost a little less than a penny a gallon. Free if u pump it urself out of ground. Top loaders cost less up front and last longer. They typically clean better than front loaders. They typically dont challenge ur families life because their full of mold. They wash more clothes at once. If the concern is clothes wearing out faster so be it front loaders win but ive not met anyone who complains their washer made there shirt last 10 yrs instead of 11.

Reply to
Brandon Davis