Are 2-cycle engines or 4 cylce engines 'better'?

Your conclusion is correct, but the reasons are wrong. The number of strokes does not determine how much pollution is emitted. Displacement, quantity of fuel, content of oil are more important.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Not to mention that you are mixing incoming air/fuel with exhaust in each stroke, resulting in poor combustion... I wonder if a high ethanol fuel would be cleaner for a 2 stroke?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

What do 2-stroke mfr's say about >E10 and oil mixtures?

Superficially, I'd think lubrication would be even more difficult.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth