Arcoaire Furnace

I need a new heating/cooling system in our new (50 yr. old) house. My HVAC guy wants to install an Arcoaire unit. I've never come across the company and was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with their gas furnaces and air conditioners.
Thanks, Jon

several bids from licensed companies, listen carefully to the differences. Choose/demand that they do the manual calculations. The equipment is less important than the installer.

HVAC
company
Manual calculations for what?
Jon

This is Turtle.
This is starting to become interesting here.
Manual Calculations is did you run a heat load and a cooling load on the house to see what btu of heat needed and what btu of cooling you need to work properly.
They refer to them as Manual J and also Maunal D for air flow ability to be right. Some refer to the who bunch as Run a Heat Load or a manual J on the house !
TURTLE
Zeppo wrote:

Manual calculations are used by good professionals to determine the size of heating and cooling equipment you need (don't rely on what was there) and the duct work.
I agree that the installer is far more important than the manufacturer. In part that is true because a good installer will warn you about poor equipment.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit