Arcan 2400 PSI Pressure Washer from Costco

Costco has an Arcan 2400 PSI gas pressure washer on sale for $289.
I not all that familiar with that brand. Anyone have one or have any comments on pressure washers in that PSI range?
Mainly going to be used for cement/driveway cleaning and deck cleaning.
I've read nothing but bad things about pressure washers from HD and Lowes (high failure rates, burst hoses, low pressure etc).
Quote: 01dyna wrote on Sat, 21 June 2008 10:44 ----------------------------------------------------

I think you really have to treat these low end pressure washers as light-duty almost disposable items. The professional versions cost $2000-$3000! I'm sure it will be about as good as what you would get at Lowes/HD so just treat it as an expense. The price sounds great and if you're only using it a few times a year then it will probably last several years. If you want to go into the pressure washing business then you may only last a month or two!
-- Richard Thoms Founder - Top Service Pros, Inc. Connecting Homeowners and Local Service Professionals http://www.TopServicePros.com
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 15:55:30 -0500, topservicepros <richard[at]topservicepros[dot]com> you wrote:>Quote: 01dyna wrote on Sat, 21 June 2008 10:44

almost disposable items. The professional versions cost $2000-$3000! I'm sure it will be about as good as what you would get at Lowes/HD so just treat it as an expense. The price sounds great and if you're only using it a few times a year then it will probably last several years. If you want to go into the pressure washing business then you may only last a month or two!
thanks! No, this isn't for professional use. A couple of times a year around the house is all.
replying to 01dyna, Bob wrote:

The Arcan model worked great for several years. Eventually the gaskets blew out and I'm having difficulty finding replacements. The motor has been very reliable. Overall good value
On 8/13/2013 9:45 AM, Bob wrote:

And you think your answer will be useful for a 5 year old question?
Another idiot post from homemoaners hub.
stolen from usenet:alt.home.repair