Aquarium toilet

my idea of an aquarium:

Master Betty

"Master Betty" wrote in news:h5n3sr$o0e$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal- september.org:

And mine...

Red Green

Probably not a good idea. If your feed water is a typical municipal supply it may very likely be chlorinated, fluorinated or otherwise treated. Not good for aquarium fish.

Reply to
Charlie

I highly doubt the fish water and the flush water are co-mingled. We can assume anyone spending that much money on fish would know how to do tank setup, and use the correct water? I'd be more concerned about temp control in the fish part of the tank, unless the semi-hidden toilet water part of the tank is well-insulated. That feed water can be pretty cold.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Unusual...I saw a tank like that in a Chinese jewelry store. Not as nice as yours.

Fresh? Mine salt. I have found the salt water tanks easier to maintain.

Reply to
Master Betty

They must keep losing fish that get sucked down into the bowl on flushing.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

"Master Betty" wrote in news:h5phio$t87$ snipped-for-privacy@adenine.netfront.net:

Fresh.

It was a 60g hex tank in a pet store they had around for some time. Had some flimsy wood stand. They priced the tank and stand individually assuming they would get the sale on the stand as well as tank when sold. I tried to barter with them but they wouldn't budge, So, I bought just the tank and they were left with the stand. I made a really nice sturdy stand out of 3/4 & 5/4 lumber.

...and thanks for the compliment.

Reply to
Red Green

Van Chocstraw wrote in news:WMidnd2V3d2n8B3XnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I was thinking that,too. My guess is the tank is split in half so the fish stay there. There is hardly any info about it.

Reply to
TD

Not a problem if you use goldfish.

Bob