aqua (bluish green) tint to water

We have a new house in the Ottawa area that is only 1 year old. We have all PVC piping and we've noticed over the last several days that we now have a greenish bluish tint to the water. We don't see the tint in small cups of water but it's definitely noticeable when filing up a bathtub. We have a standard water treatment (softner and carbon filter) plus a chlorinator because we have high iron and sulfur in the water. Any idea what could be causing the bluish green tint in the water ? Everything I've read says that it could be copper contamination but that's almost impossible here since we have almost no copper except for at the water treatment point only. Thanks.

Reply to
car crash

`

Have it tested before you start shotgunning a fix. Find out what it actually is.

Reply to
gfretwell

In Vancouver area, the "city" water comes from a lake up in the mountains in North Vancouver. When I filled our hot tub, lo ! the water had a green tinge to it !

Then I thought..what color is the water in the lake (before they send it down the pipe)..

GREEN

Reply to
Rudy

I'm told the blue and greenish tint in a Glacier is actually oxygen. Said to be cleaner than what we have today.

-- Oren

Oren