Aprilaire model 700 Humidistat questions (H-terminals) and water useage

Hello all,

I have a question about the humidistat that comes with the model 700 humidifier. Do the "H" terminals provide 24V for the solenoid and fan control or is it just a switched terminal that requires 24V? I'm running constant 24v to power the humidistat. The reason I ask is I wired this up assuming it simply switches an input and after running it

for a few minutes, the humidistat "H" terminal ckt burned up. Here is how I have it wired:

As a side note, it seems like this unit wastes a lot of water to drain.

Isn't there an orifice in-line somwhere or do I need to regulate it? Thanks,

Alex

Reply to
427Cobraman

Does this help?

I think it drains a lot because it's designed to wash the pad and try to keep it clean and prevent bacterial growth. Nope, you don't regulate it.

Mike

Reply to
upand_at_them

Thanks for the reply. That is the diagram that I have as well, and it would appear I did indeed wire it wrong. I originally had it hooked up exactly like the diagram but the solenoid would never come on (24V never seen at those terminals), so that's when I thought it must have

24v supplied there.

Alex

Reply to
427Cobraman