Aprilaire model 700 Humidistat questions (H-terminals) and water useage

Hello all,
I have a question about the humidistat that comes with the model 700 humidifier. Do the "H" terminals provide 24V for the solenoid and fan control or is it just a switched terminal that requires 24V? I'm running constant 24v to power the humidistat. The reason I ask is I wired this up assuming it simply switches an input and after running it
for a few minutes, the humidistat "H" terminal ckt burned up. Here is how I have it wired:
http://home.earthlink.net/~fiveliter8/hstat/aprilaire700.gif
As a side note, it seems like this unit wastes a lot of water to drain.
Isn't there an orifice in-line somwhere or do I need to regulate it? Thanks,
Alex
Does this help? http://www.alpinehomeair.com/related/AA%20Humidistat%20Install%20Instructions.pdf
I think it drains a lot because it's designed to wash the pad and try to keep it clean and prevent bacterial growth. Nope, you don't regulate it.
Mike
Thanks for the reply. That is the diagram that I have as well, and it would appear I did indeed wire it wrong. I originally had it hooked up exactly like the diagram but the solenoid would never come on (24V never seen at those terminals), so that's when I thought it must have 24v supplied there.
Alex