aprilaire 600

how do i know my humidifier is working

Reply to
sherri-626

Ask to see a recent pay stub.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

should there be water running through it?

Reply to
sherri-626

What makes you think it's not?

Reply to
Joe Lowbrow

there is no water running through it.

Reply to
sherri-626

Hi, Yes when it is running to humidify. I have same model.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

The Aprilaire Humidifier is installed to operate in conjunction with the furnace blower. When the Aprilaire Humidifier Control calls for humidity and the blower is operating, water flows to the distribution tray located at the top of the unit. The water is uniformly distributed across the width of the tray and through a scientifically designed system of outlets. It flows by gravity over the Water Panel® evaporator, the heart of the unit. Dry, hot air is moved through the moisture-laden Water Panel evaporator where natural evaporation takes place. The now humidified air carrying moisture in vapor form (nature?s own way) is circulated throughout the home. The correct water flow is determined by an orifice equipped with each drain type unit. When the unit is operating, there will be a small, steady stream of water to drain, which flushes away most of the trouble-causing minerals. Do not use the saddle valve to regulate the water flow. It is designed to be completely opened or closed. The minerals and solid residue not trapped by the replaceable Water Panel evaporator are flushed down the drain in the Models 550, 600 and 700. This is the most effective and least expensive method to dispose of trouble-causing minerals. The drain also eliminates the problems caused by stagnant water.

Reply to
Geizhals Knauserig

it has been on for 24 hrs. i have opened the damper. but it seems that there is no water running through it.

Reply to
sherri-626

Quoted text.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Do you work for Apriaire?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Is your humidistat dial set to your desired humidity? Or is it set to off? If set humidity is met, water won't run to humidify. In summer time I set the humidistat dial to off and close the damper.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

i have set the humidistat to 35. and my thermostat to 23.

Reply to
sherri-626

Is there a manual water shutoff valve for the summer? Is it on? Small shutoff valves usually have the handle turned to be parallel with the water pipe to turn on. And perpendicular to the pipe to turn off. Mark

Reply to
makolber

Hi, With that setting, if the water never ran, one last thing to check is water supply line. This line has shut off most common is saddle valve connected to the water heater pipe. 23C temp is pretty warm for my family. We set it at 20.5C in winter, in summer it is set at 23C with a/c unit running. Also our thermostat is programmable. To check the current humidity in the house, slowly turn the humidistat dial all the way carefully listening/feeling clicking sound, at that poiht, dial indicates the humidity. You can see then what's going on.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

The water will be running if the humidity in the house is below 35%. Depending where this is, climate, the humidity may be well above that.

This line has shut off most common is saddle valve

Yes, turning it up, you should hear a click at some point, which is the water valve opening. They typically have a test spot, past the highest setting, where it will force it on no matter what the actual humidity is.

Reply to
trader_4

I think that Tony Hwang was asking if Geizhals Knauserig worked for Aprilaire, not if you did.

What is the outside air temperature where you are located? I was reading the owner's manual at the website that Geizhals Knauserig provided

and it talked about the outside air temperature and what settings you should use.

Let us know if you get yours figured out and what the problem was.

Reply to
TomR

If you have at least 2-3 cold days in a row, turn it off early during the cold snap and see how things are inside the house in a few days. If you start getting a lot of static electricity where there was none before, and/or if your nose starts to ache when breathing fast (and it did not ache before you turned off the humidifier), you can be sure it is working. If you don't notice any change, it is probably not humidifying the air, even if it seems to be "on".

Reply to
Peter

Did you turn the water on? Mine has a shut off valve when heating is not required. I suppose water line may clog and need to be cleaned.

Reply to
Frank

If there is no water running through it when the control is set to "test", it's not working. It's that simple.

Reply to
trader_4

yep, its not working.

Reply to