Approx Weight of treated 4 x 6 ??

Anyone have any idea of the approximate weight of a pressure-treated 4 x 6 timber, 8 ft long ?
These are treated at .40 rating. I assume they are made of yellow pine ?? I know the weight would vary by how long the posts have been outside, asorbing air moisture, etc etc, but I am looking for an approximation, based on posts that are 3 -4 months aged.
Thanks for any info !!
--james--

A dry, treated, 4x4 x 12' weighs just about 30 lbs (I have had occasion to weigh several). A wet (soggy) one can hit 40+ lbs, easy.
4x6 x 8' = 4x4 x 12' , so your 4x6 should weigh just about the same.
A bit more precisely:
a 4x4 x 12' is actually closer to 3.5" x 3.5" x 144" = 1764 cubic inches a 4x6 x 8' is " " " 3.5" x 5.5" x 96" = 1848 cubic inches
1848/1764 ~ 1.0476, about 4.76% larger (volumetrically)
and 1.0476 * 30 lbs ~ 31.43 lbs

My 4x4's are stamped "No. 2 S-DRY RED PINE" S-DRY doesn't seem to mean DRY

James wrote:

Southern Yellow Pine weighs in at a little over 40 pounds per cubic foot. Your 4x6 8 footer is just over a cubic foot. So an untreated dried piece would weigh about 40-45 pounds. If it's treated and still partially wet, you'd be looking at another 10 pounds or so.
RicodJour wrote:

Bob

about 70 pounds, +/- 20.
http://www.reade.com/Particle_Briefings/spec_gra2.html says that southern yellow pine should be around 45 pounds per cubic foot.
http://www.treatedwood.com/products/generalfaq.html says that freshly treated wood may have as much as 38 pounds of water per cu.ft, which will eventually dry out leaving around 0.40 pounds per cubic foot of actual preservative.
a an 8' 4x6 is actually about 3.5 x 5.5 x 96 inches, which works out to about 1.07 cubic feet.