Appropriate lights for jack-o-lanterns

Page 2 of 2
After you cut out the topknot, slice the pumpkins vertically as if you were going to bake them like a huge squash. Clean them, of course, and carve faces in what will be the front half. Cut a circle in the bottom of each, as well, and get a vertical post of some kind, and just clamp the pumpkin halves around the post. Stick the halves together with toothpicks. If you want to get fancy, fit a couple of little platforms around the post for the middle and top pumpkins to sit on so their weight doesn't squash the bottome one.
Boo! ;-) Rich
Top Spin wrote:

Not sure I understand. Why cut them in half and then toothpick them back together? How about just leaving them whole and cutting the hole for the post?

These are small pumpkins. I don't think the weight will be a problem.
--
Spam sink email address, sorry

Top Spin wrote:

I guess I'm lazy - I'm thinking about what a pain it would be for me to either slide the pumpins down the post after fitting the lights, or fitting the lights inside a pumpkin shell, reaching into the same hole that the post is going through.

Cheers! Rich
your kids a retardo a retardo a retardo. ha Ha Wait 10, 20 ,50 yrs. You will be the ASS that experimented, and HD now wont warranty your PUSS,,,,, Wake UP It lasts thousands of years done right ,, Bozo, YOU a BOZO , BOZO