applying wallpaper mural to sheet of plywood

I am purchasing a large wallpaper mural, and instead of applying it directly to the wall, I would like to put it on a sheet of plywood (for the purpose of easy removal and re-selling the mural someday).

I have no experience hanging wallpaper. Does anyone see a problem with applying a wallpaper mural to plywood (or MDF), if the surface is properly prepared and primed?

Also, does wallpaper have any flex to it once applied--I'm wondering if it would split if removed from the wall as the sheet of plywood is flexed?

Thanks!

Reply to
kdoret

Even if you find or make the plywood as smooth as wallboard, the plywood will warp in a short time and your mural will look bad, and who will want to buy a mural on plywood anyway?