applying epoxy grout

I don't think it'll hurt, as long as there isn't any standing water.

Not personally, but make sure you get everything clean afterwards. With conventional grout you have a chance of cleaning the tiles after the grout sets up. With epoxy grout, not so much.

Reply to
krw

I'm just fishing for tips for the best methods on applying epoxy grout. I've heard before that wetting down the joints before application is a good thing, but that was with traditional grouts, and the rationale might be completely different with the epoxy grout.

Anyone have horror stories? Anecdotes?

Reply to
Uno

*I've used the epoxy grout that Lowes sells. I think that the working time is shorter for this type of grout. Have at least two buckets of water with vinegar ready and clean your sponges well during the wipe process. The epoxy tends to gum up the sponges. Use the proper float for epoxy grout. I just followed the instructions from the manufacturer and got all of the recommended tools.
Reply to
John Grabowski

I used it in my kitchen about 15 years ago. I'll bet the stuff today is much better. Anyway, I did counter tops and walls above the counter tops .... no backsplash. It looked real nice and clean that way. The one thing I did was to divide the product into 4 equal amounts using a scale. BTW, you don't want to use any water except during tile cleanup as prescribed in my instructions. It's a pretty messy job. You probably should use latex gloves. Just about when you think, "is this ever going to come clean", all of a sudden it starts to take shape. As I said, with newer material, YRMV from mine.

Reply to
Art Todesco

Thx all for responses.

Peace, love, john lennon,