appliance paint

I want to paint my freezer a retro brown. Does anyone know where I may be able to find paint for this project? I have searched the 2 home improvement stores in the area -online too- and the only thing they have is white touch up paint for appliances and the employees gave me a look like I was from outer space when I asked about it. Has anyone ever done this before and if so, any tips you can give me?
Thanks
--
~Never knock on Death's door: Ring the doorbell and run (he hates that)~

Greetings,
How about an epoxy based paint from a paint store tinted whatever colour you choose / bring a sample of?
Hope this helps, William

improvement
touch
if

this site implies paints other than appliance paints can be used to repaint refrigerators http://www.helloyarn.com/repainting_a_fridge.htm don't know about any resultant health issues though
maybe you can mix your own brown appliance paint from other colors; if you don't have a spray gun and compressor available to apply it, loof for small one-use spray painters at auto supply sotres, etc. (glass jars with a screw on compressed air sprayer, equal to about one can of spray paint once you add the paint into it)
it may take 3 or more coats to get a good even color
steel wool and vinegar can remove surface rust or other imperfections
Any good quality oil base, such as Ben Moore Impervo or spray product will work. Important it prep, cleaning and sanding and paint it when it is warm. Degreasing and areas around the handles is most important as any grease will be the real problems . You do not need special paint. Epoxy in spray may be best. Key is prep.
If you want a really good job, I suggest having one the professionals come in who specialize in doing in place appliance and office equipment painting. There are several systems that they use that allow for a better job and a much cleaner job that you are likely to be able to do yourself. The equipment they use is usually an electo-static system that assures that almost all the paint ends up where it belongs.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
I agree. I had my old fridge painted electrostatically.... it looks like it just rolled off the factory floor.
Total cost: $95. Professional results. More than reasonable cost.
I'd outsource it.
Fire&Ice wrote:

may be

improvement
touch
from
and if

that)~
Hi,
may be

Shows available, but back ordered.... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N51558 Coffee acrylic-9 oz http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N51560 Touch-up paint-coffee

Cleaning and prep work is most important. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /

Home Depot in my area carries a bunch of appliance spray paint. I am considering changing the color of my boring old white fridge and noticed this stuff. It's epoxy based and specifically says it will work on fridges, stoves, etc. Smooth or textured surfaces.
I painted an old fridge some 15 years back for my garage, and it still looks good today. That was just with whatever junk spray can I found at the hardware store. I can only imagine that these specialty paints are just that much better. The epoxy should really help against chips and wear.
Thanks for all the responses and ideas. Now if we can just get some warm, dry weather I can get to work on it.
F&I
--
~Never knock on Death's door: Ring the doorbell and run (he hates that)~