Apparent Backup in Basement

I live in Cincinnati, and we have gotten about 8 inches of snow in the past few weeks and about 1 inch of rain yesterday. Two days ago, the snow started melting as higher temperatures occurred. For the first time, I got a small amount of water backed up in my basement yesterday from the basement drain hole. (A little puddle) We have had much heavier rains with no problem over the past 6 years that I have owned this house. I am wondering what could have caused this problem. I would add that the house is on a slope and that a couple of downspouts from my gutters were disconnected from pipes that apparently lead to a storm water system. Because the water drains away anyway, I have never worried about the disconnection. Thanks for any help that can be given.

JD

Reply to
DaileyJohn.20.decij

Well, now you know the water doesn't all drain away from the downspouts.

Banty

Reply to
Banty