Anything wrong with grounding metal conduit to a cold water pipe in a 2-wire house?

I'm not a licensed electrician. But, your idea sounds first rate, to me. I'd also want to trace the cold pipe back, make sure it's grounded. Not insulated with CPVC for example.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 02/06/2014 03:51 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

That would only work if you have hydroelectric power.
yrag,
With the recent popularity of plastic pipe, it may be unwise to.trust in a cold water pipe as a ground. A bit of plastic pipe used for a repair may disconnect the pipe from the ground.
Dave M.
There are some testers that will verify the quality of the ground SureTest is one. It is not the $5 3 light tester. A sure test actually puts a load on the ground.
On Friday, February 7, 2014 1:29:47 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Just try the ground poweing a 60 watt incandescent lamp, if the light burns brite your all set.