Anyone using LED lighting at home yet?

Page 1 of 3
Sam's club has some replacement bulbs that are LED based. Three pack for $15 BUCKS
Anyone tried or using such lighting?
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

I have a battery-powered LED taplight in the hallway closet. Does that count?
On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 18:26:30 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"

I use 70-LED holiday light strings for night lights in 3 rooms. The one in the bathroom is all the light I usually need in there.

Mark Lloyd
Mark Lloyd wrote:

Night light in the bathroom? I got to have a lot of light in the bathroom. I'm paper trained, I cant eat or go to the bathroom without reading material. Of course there is always the problem of having enough light to properly aim my canon. *snicker* Well, it's what all those spam messages tell me it is.
TDD
all new traffic lights today are LED, and nice and brite.
my LED nightlight is nearly useless:(
On Tue 04 Nov 2008 10:10:50p, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com told us...

Maybe you should install a traffic light. :)
--
Wayne Boatwright

my neighbors would wonder about the green red yellow every nite
On Wed 05 Nov 2008 06:35:33a, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com told us...

In my neighborhood, it's best to keep the neighbors guessing. :-)
--
Wayne Boatwright
On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 21:10:50 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

LED lights are a lot more expensive new, but are supposed to last much longer. That's important when it costs so much to change bulbs.

The stick-on lights I've seen were nearly useless, but the plug-in 70-LED string keeps me from bumping into stuff.

Mark Lloyd
On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 21:04:01 -0600, The Daring Dufas

I said the LED is USUALLY enough. I don't spend all day sitting on the toiler. As to aiming, the LEDs are bright enough for that.

Mark Lloyd
Mark Lloyd wrote:

But I'm extremely myopic and the more light I have, the greater the depth of field of my view of the world around me which improves my aim. 8~)
TDD

Why do you take your camera in there? (canon vs cannon) must be a Froidian slip! (women's clothes yet!) Sorry!
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

I haven't used them and from what I've seen LED home lighting isn't ready for prime time. If my local Sam's has those, I'll certainly pick up a pack to fiddle with at that modest price.

yeah, I am curious about them as well. Does Wally World sell them or only Sam's? I might make an exception to my "no Wal-Mart" policy (there's already one, namely motor oil - nobody else sells synthetic Delo or Rotella) to have a new toy to play with. That's comparable enough to CFLs to be worth a try.
nate

Sam's here has em
The package says they use 1.5 watts but give light output of 40 watt reg bulb
On Nov 4, 4:22pm, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

If it realy uses 1.5 w it cant output more than a 20 w incandesant or someone invented something that will save the worlds resources, the record in labs for 1.5w might be 18w equivilant. The led is directional not like a regular bulb, think of measuring a 1.5w mini mag light, how you rate it can be deceptive. Try it in a dark room and compare it to a 40w incandesant and see how it lights the whole room, try a basement and view from a distance if you can and let us know. The best deal in easy conversion that saves are cfls that do save 75% over incandesant, as a 9w cfl = a 40 incandesant, and at HD here they are 1$. These are proven in Lumen output and work.
On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 15:11:16 -0800 (PST), ransley

I'm thinking of an ad for one that claimed one would save 200% on electricity use. Numerical nonsense is quite common (consider that saving 100% means it uses none at all).

Mark Lloyd
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

According to the Sam's site, it's not available in my area (N. TX)
Pete C. wrote:

But they should be available via internet-order. We often get stuff from Sam's website that's not available at our local stores - our last order was for bulk ink for ink-jet refills.
HeyBub wrote:

You'd think so, but it said "not available".