Anyone use Perfect PH or PH Magic in their spa?

Just wondering if anyone has used either of these products and what they think of it. Perfect PH http://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/product000555000105.cfm
or PH Magic http://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/product000621000002.cfm
I have a spa with an ionizer and am looking for a better/simpler way of keeping water chemistry inline. My water clarity fluctuates because I'm not on top of it all the time like I probably should be. Would this product help? I'm open to any suggestions.
Lane

I haven't looked into the specifics of these products, but I'm guessing they're basically just buffers. If so, yes, they are very useful (if not 'critical') for maintaining a constant pH; I wouldn't fill a spa without using one. Chemically, a buffer is pretty simple, so I wouldn't pay a lot of money for one, they're probably all the same - get the cheapest available.
Kelly

If water is cheap, how about slowly trickling fresh cold water in through a long tube-in-hose heat exchanger when the spa water conductivity reaches some threshold?
Nick

Dumping $5 of chemicals in once a year is cheaper and easier.
Kelly

Do you have an Ionizer or an ozonator? I have an ozonator, but don't know what an ionizer is...
The ozonator kills bacteria and other nasties, much like chlorine or bromine. However, since there are a few nasties that are relatively unaffected by ozone, you still have to use chlorine or bromine occasionally.
If your pH is unstable, you need to stabilize it by setting up the proper hardness and total alkalinity up front, before messing with pH up/down additives (bases/acids). The pH should NOT change much over the short term -- only when you add a significant amount of new water.
Your spa dealer should be able to tell you what is required up front for your spa and your local municipal water system. If you are on a well or private system, you may have to submit a water sample for analysis first.
wrote...

not
what
bromine.