Anyone use "Great Stuff" expanding foam?

Just to note that misapplication isn't the product's fault...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Air popped corn would work better, and it's a good use for that old air popper way in the back under the kitchen cabinet.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

One friend of mine can no longer close his storm door cause the GS pushed the frame in. Some energy savings....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've had defective cans. The technique is:

1) read directions 2) Wear gloves (really) 3) Cram the straw onto the barbed end of the nozzle 4) Screw angled gadget onto nozzle tip on can 5) Shake can vigorously for 60 seconds 6) Invert. Nozzle needs to be at the bottom 7) Use finger to bend the nozzle, with angle and tube atached. Bending the nozzle releases the foam. Foam expands about 3x the size it is when dispensing. 9) The stuff comes off fairly easily when dry, but doesn't want to come off skin if gotten on when it's wet. Try gasoline. 10) Item eight was an intentional omission, and it is not necessary to report the absence to your supervisor. 11) If you store the can much more than a couple months, it goes defective. I've had that happen.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I got some popcorn that way, one time. Had a packing slip that said "not for human consumption, throw popcorn out for the birds". That was a pretty "green" idea. Environmental friendly.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I agree. My thought was to cut a groove with a sawzall, so the door could expand back out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You peeked? How'd you know!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Ross Mac" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Any packages that come to me from UPS are all bashed in/torn. I had something coming to me marked "fragile" and the UPS guy threw it over my fence to the concrete. I watched him do it, the jerk. It was packed well and didn't break inside.

Reply to
Pasar

I have had better luck with Fedex.....but you are right...they all trash our stuff....it's a matter of degree and I have found that UPS is the worst of them all.... My 2 cents....

Reply to
Ross Mac

Hey Bob,

I'm looking for the expanding foam for wall insulation to fill some gaps...is "Great Stuff" usable for that purpose? Is it expensive?

Thanks,

Cin

Reply to
Cindy