Anyone use "Great Stuff" expanding foam?

Page 2 of 2
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

He paid about $1400 for it less than 2 years ago, and probably still has a receipt. The same model comes up occasionally on eBay and sells for about $1100.
I packed it in so much bubble wrap and styrofoam (mostly 1" thick sheets, just a few "peanuts" to fill some small hollow spots), and used so much tape to seal the box it will probably survive falling out of the truck if the truck isn't moving too fast -- and if they don't run over it :-) The box is not going to come open until someone takes a boxcutter to it; my brother is gonna be cussing me when he tries to get all that strapping tape off because he doesn't carry a knife.
The biggest risk is that they steal it or lose it. And I don't think that happens very often.
Best regards, Bob
Edwin,

Regular postal mail is about the same. A friend once mailed me a record album, with "fragile" and "do not bend" written all over the package. It arrived rolled up and stuffed in our mailbox... :)
Anthony
wrote in message

I have had better luck with Fedex.....but you are right...they all trash our stuff....it's a matter of degree and I have found that UPS is the worst of them all.... My 2 cents....

Any packages that come to me from UPS are all bashed in/torn. I had something coming to me marked "fragile" and the UPS guy threw it over my fence to the concrete. I watched him do it, the jerk. It was packed well and didn't break inside.
I've had defective cans. The technique is:
1) read directions 2) Wear gloves (really) 3) Cram the straw onto the barbed end of the nozzle 4) Screw angled gadget onto nozzle tip on can 5) Shake can vigorously for 60 seconds 6) Invert. Nozzle needs to be at the bottom 7) Use finger to bend the nozzle, with angle and tube atached. Bending the nozzle releases the foam. Foam expands about 3x the size it is when dispensing. 9) The stuff comes off fairly easily when dry, but doesn't want to come off skin if gotten on when it's wet. Try gasoline. 10) Item eight was an intentional omission, and it is not necessary to report the absence to your supervisor. 11) If you store the can much more than a couple months, it goes defective. I've had that happen.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Air popped corn would work better, and it's a good use for that old air popper way in the back under the kitchen cabinet.
Bob
You peeked? How'd you know!
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

Hey Bob,
I'm looking for the expanding foam for wall insulation to fill some gaps...is "Great Stuff" usable for that purpose? Is it expensive?
Thanks,
Cin
--
Newsguy All-in-One Accounts: Unlimited, HiSpeed Internet Access, 2 SpamHippo
protected mailboxes, 50Mb website and 3Mb/month Newsguy Usenet downloads. Only