anyone use a nutone intercom for music only?

i have standard speakers and wires all over my house not hooked up to anything. I also have a nutone IM-3303 intercom master not hooked up to anything. Anyway I can make the 2 work together?

Reply to
stephenbrown

On Sat 25 Oct 2008 06:23:31p, told us...

Reconnect the wires?

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

I would guess that even if you hooked up an intercom system to speakers, you would not like the quality of sound. Intercoms are not designed for the frequencies needed to actually enjoy the music. Instead, take a look at A-BUS components. These can be bought rather cheaply on eBay these days and they are designed for music distribution over CAT5 wires. You would need a distribution device and volume controls usually 4 per distribution device. The volume control is actually a small aplifier which drives about

10W per. Not a lot but enough for background music and certainly more than a rigged intercom would provide. Look for Channel Vision A-Bus parts, they seem to be the cheapest yet adequate quality.

Good luck!

\\//.

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 320521 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to