Anyone unhappy with "Just for Copper"?

I bought a product today called Just for Copper. It is for joining copper pipe and fittings. Expensive ($15 for a bottle that claims it can do 40 joints, but if it does 10 I will be surprised) but it claims that it can be used on wet pipe, and should be good for places where a torch is not suitable. Hopefully it will have a better shelf life than the epoxy I have used in the past in such places.

I did up one joint (at $1.50 a joint I didn't want to experiment too much) and it seems fine. 3 posts at various groups say it is good; but I wonder if anyone has had a bad experience. I mean, one bad experience is more important to hear about then a bunch of good ones.

Reply to
Toller

Never used it.

On one occasion I have patched a wet metal drain pipe just below a sink with PC-70 . The faucet was dripping at the time, and I didn't think it would work, but I wanted to use the kitchen sink.

I was just a subtenant, and I didn't want to do substantial work. The other two had lived there for months, and I assumed they had tried to get the ll to fix the dripping (almost running) sink, and that he hadn't. Before the PC-70 set, it kept falling away from the pipe, but I kept pushing it back and eventually it stayed there. The next day I used the sink and the drain worked fine. I couldn't believe it. I stayed there for four months and it lasted that long.

PC-70 definitley sticks to copper. I wouldn't polish or buff the copper, but leave it rough.

mm

I prefer to use You'll Never Take Me Alive, Copper!

That stuff is GREAT!!! It's easy and FAST! Gives me plenty of time to be a Mystery Shopper!

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab