Anyone under 60 and healthy?

wow, way to take a position

did you excoriate Mitt for his 47% "statement"?

I don't care what your political stance is, it doesn't change the facts

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Of course it does, or at least the ones you are willing to say are facts and definitely the filter through which you view those facts.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Yep. The Off Topic here is nice. Has an earthy smell to it. Not metallic as in the NSA_most_watched groups. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

I think there are a lot of conditions where the body doesn't work properly, but medications can make up for that. Allergies, diabetes, chronic pain, migraines, etc. I like your view point, that in many cases that medicated people can be "healthy".

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My father drank like a fish. He died really young, at 79. All my other relatives have not yet reached 100, or died trying to get there, except my 2 grandmothers. Is that good ? Hum , probably not. I'm already bored. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Those are nice looking pistols but the price I saw was $299.00. Of course there may be used ones out there that can be bought for less money. Did you purchase yours new from a dealer? I really can't afford a $300.00 pistol. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You must be from the new brood. I suppose if someone has "uncontrolled" high cholesterol, that would make them "disabled". ;) Gotta larf, what those drug companies stuff down young MD's throats. They offer me trips to Europe if I prescribe their trash. Ha. Not me, I'd rather die honest. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Utter nonsense. The counterexamples abound.

More bullshit.

Reply to
krw

Well Dr. Pete, I'm glad to see you posting and sharing your knowledge. I picked up 9 different medications from my pharmacist last Saturday. At the end of May last year, I was sent home to die and had home hospice care and was walking around with a $32,000.00 automatic external defibrillator hanging off my belt. After 6 months, the hospice service determined I wasn't declining and ended the service. I wasn't dying fast enough and the service was worried about fraud that had happened with other hospice service organizations. They came and picked up the bed, the oxygen machine, tanks and all the other stuff. I shipped the $32k Zoll defibrillator back to them. I take a handful of pills at 6:00am and again at 6:00pm and I'm too damn ornery to die. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Malcom, Mitt Romney is not The President of my country. Nothing he may say has any effect on me at all. The ultimate consequence of Affirmative Action IS The President of my country and THAT does concern me because of all the destruction he has done and will do to my country. o_O

Mitt Romney was not a candidate for Prime Minister of Canada you idiot. O_o

The facts of what Malcom? Be specific and try to be sane. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yes, medicine is still very much an art as well as a science. Accurately predicting any individual patient's clinical course, especially in the case of chronic illness, is usually impossible. Glad to hear that you're outliving medical predictions and are still ornery. That personality type seems to experience (I won't say "enjoy") greater longevity.

As an aside, and I won't pry (your medical circumstances are not appropriate for discussion in a public group), but I have trouble reconciling being enrolled in hospice with wearing an AED. Please don't address this as it would really violate your medical privacy. Just my own observation.

Reply to
Peter

I don't think you've read my reply in the context of the original posting. And, I'm not part of any "new brood"; I'm a senior citizen.

I never said or implied that no physicians accept pharmaceutical freebies. I said that such freebies rarely meet State standards for continuing medical education. Personally, I never accepted those invitations, found private practice too mercenary, and spent 30 years on active duty as a medical officer in the military. I happen to agree with your criticism of the pharmaceutical companies and although physicians cannot be compelled to sign a promise to prescribe in return for the freebies, the companies' intent is clearly apparent and those M.D.s' bias to prescribe accordingly has been well documented, even when it is a subconscious bias. You jumped to entirely unwarranted conclusions.

Reply to
Peter

The voters of the U.S. put the President in office. And you'll live with it. All your squealing like a stuck pig won't change a thing.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Hi, Define being healthy? My age is mid-70 I eat well, eliminate well and sleep very well every night. I do all my routine chores every day without any difficulty.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Roommates home? Are you resident in an institution?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, What is your time for 100 yard dash? What? one minute? No? Couldn't finish?, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

There is a not yet approved method to stop bleeding from gunshots:

(Popular Science)

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I retired as a family doctor, years ago. (> 35 years practice, when I was almost perfect, I had to retire ....). In my country, family medicine is state-run, a very corrupt state, so we have to ignore the leaflets they hand out and study in those tediously thick text-books. And even double check them for biased text. I don't jump to conclusions. I just thought your choice of "high cholesterol" when we were discussing disability was not wisely made. A stroke, heart attack, severe liver or kidney failure, something like that would be more convincing. FWIW []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Hi, Useless eaters? In the orient they say "rice worm"

Reply to
Tony Hwang

They never had a choice. Not having a choice was not their fault, it was their parent's fault ..... spilt milk etc ... OK, it won't change a thing. []'s

Reply to
Shadow