Anyone try it?? Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner

I know this is a better question for rec.home.cleaning, but that group isn't too active as of late.
Can anyone say how this performs or doesn't perform??
tomkanpa wrote in message

If I can find it in the stores, I'm going to buy it this week, so we'll see. I'm really curious about it too.
Cheri
A guy I know (who is uber-lazy) said it was wonderful - sparkling clean shower with no effort - which is enough for me to go out and get one. Especially knowing how this guy wouldn't lift a finger to clean the shower.
tomkanpa wrote:

I don't clean the showers, Wifey does. I've been talking about the auto cleaner for awhile now. She says 'scrubbing bubles' don't scrub too much compared to other products. A guess with daily treatments, it should work over time, thanks for your feedback.
later,
tom @ www.BlankHelp.com

tomkanpa wrote:

Coincidentally, a local TV news (????) show does a "Does It Work?" segment one night a week and did a test of one of these products a couple of weeks ago. Two (or was it three?) different folks took it and used it a week and the assessment was universal--it didn't work at all....mold, grime, uggh!, etc., all were rampant at the end of the test period.
It seems to work just fine for us. Last person out of the shower in the morning hits the switch. Nasty stuff DON'T get it in your eyes! Wife peeks into the shower to see if it was really doing anything. It was......
I believe you have to start with an initial deep-cleaning before using it. It's purpose is to prevent dirt/scum/etc. from building up - not to eliminate an already dirty shower. Kind of like the Roomba's - for foot-clean floors in between the occasional deep cleanings.
dpb wrote:

These guys have some recs on cleaning shower enclosures: http://www.bathenclosures.org/basics/cleaning.htm

tomkanpa wrote:

My wife bought one about three months ago. Useless.