Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

Page 8 of 16

Things are definitely improving with this technology!
I still suspect, as the article in the link I pointed out (another post) the LED manufacturers are cheating the measurments a bit as they don't include ballast energy (they can't as they don't know the circuit) and they don't include the losses of the lens and/or filter and as you article describes, the input power vs output power.
Thanx!
Josepi wrote:

I see that Home Depot in Canada is now handling some LED bulbs with a title of nightlights or something similar. They appear in the shape of the usual medium base incandescent shape and have a white translucent dome over the top if them. The ratings are so poor they could only be used a nightlights.
$30 ea. 7 Watts 155 lumens.
While there may be useful places for these nightlights, they don't look that useful for me. Their efficiencies are barely as good as many incandescent technologies at 155/7 = 22.14 lumens/Watt.
I am still looking for a decent PAR30LN LED bulb that can be used over my sink with an X-10 switch module (yeah ..it dims) 1000-1500 lumens would be a good brightness.
Josepi wrote:

You don't know what you are asking for. Try one of these and you'll find it is quite bright enough for that purpose:
http://shop.lightoftomorrow.com/par309x1whighpowerledbulbswithulculcegs-p-272.html
...or, continue to stumble around in the dark, whining.
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote in wrote:

Not good in snowy areas. If snow somehow ends up covering the lights (heavy sticky snow being blown sideway by heavy wind, for example), LEDs don't emit enough heat to melt it down.

Snow is an issue over the sink?
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 07:07:37 -0800, Smitty Two

???
You posted links to an outside rated bulb unit. Yup, reading details is really hard.
Especially with interlaced and/or bottom posting.

You really are a very dim bulb. Extremely dim.

TOP posting is what screws up a thread's continuity. that's why -UseNET Convention- is bottom posting. People naturally read left to right,top to bottom.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
wrote:

http://shop.lightoftomorrow.com/par309x1whighpowerledbulbswithulculcegs-p-272.html

Someone please point out to me a complete part number including notation of customer-selectable binning / ranking of any LED lighting product or for that matter any LED with color temperature tolerance range of 2600 to 8000 K. Preferably for something not also available in versions with much narrow color temperature tolerance ranges.

What the heck is ESL?
Meanwhile, it appears to me that LED units comparable in color, efficiency and CRI to CFLs and lasting 2-5 times as long will be on home center shelves in a couple years. There are LED pot light fixtures with CFL-like efficiency, incandescent-like color and CRI of 92 and that have been on the market (not mass-market retail in my experience however) for something like a year already, though likely expensive.
<snip mostly previously quoted material>

I did follow the link that was in the previously quoted material that I edited out for space, and did see 2600-8000 K.
I do consider such a wide tolerance range of color temp. to be an outright outlier in the area of white LEDs and LED lighting products, unlike anything else or even specs thereof I have ever seen.

That sounds to me like the Philips AmbientLED. There are two higher wattages 11 and 16, with much higher lumens/watt mid-upper 30's IIRC. And this is with 3100 K color and CRI of 85. Available at Home Depot for that matter.
Meanwhile, please find me a 7 watt 120V incandescent achieving much more than 6.5 lumens/watt with life expectancy 3,000 hours or more, let alone the 40,000 hours for Philips LED lightbulbs. For that matter, anyone find me even an off-the-shelf available 15 watt 120V incandescent lasting 2500 hours or more producing 155 lumens.
You need to read the thread and stop babbling junk about side issues.

The top-poster needs to stop babbling junk about mostly a product line including an LED lamp producing 155 lumens from 7 watts being a "side issue" since this was in response to the top-poster complaining about an LED lamp producing 155 lumens from 7 watts.
Or is the side-issue that the top-poster complains against being the fact that 155 lumens from 7 watts at 120V is not a "nightlight" but more light than every 15 watt 120V incandescent I have yet to hear of?

What did how been too when it was for that made up and down said by you when they didn't.
Apparently you still can't read.

Huh? Can you write?

And obviously you still can't post properly in a newsgroup. Despite having the proper way pointed out to you. Newsgroups are not e-mail.
I like my attachments at the bottom, my text attached to the poster's header and co-operate with the posting style of all the browsers out there.
Best of luck with your troll. Old argument that loses in most tech groups.

Browsers? This is a newsgroup. One uses newsreaders. Browsers are for the web.

Troll? You clearly don't know what the word means when used in a newsgroup. And you shouldn't quote all of the prior article. Newsgroups are question and answer dialogs. As I have done I address parts of your article piece by piece. I can assure you I have been following newsgroups longer than you.
Wow!
Wasn't it a pain to FTP the messages back then? Tell us what FTP software you used in the 70s.